Creators of Peace Circles have taken place now in 50+ different countries around the world. In each country there is a National Co-ordinator who is the first point of call for activities and outreach. Each National Co-ordinator is chosen by their team locally.
Local teams are supported by our International Co-ordinators who are elected at our General Assembly which takes place annually. They serve for a term of three years to uphold the values and vision of Creators of Peace, and to support the growth and depth of our work.
Our President, Treasurer and Secretary are also elected at the General Assembly and together with our Executive Officer look after our strategic priorities, the good governance of our resources and our everyday administration.
We have three Elders whose role it is to help with discernment, mentoring and care for women across our network. Our Ambassador helps raise the profile of the vision and values of Creators of Peace as a spokesperson and representative at key events.
- To engage women in their role as creators of peace at every level of society
- To promote the transforming dynamic of a change of heart, starting with oneself, as a primary tool of peace creation
- To pre-empt violence and despair by addressing the roots of conflict, in and around us
- To encourage and connect existing practitioners of peace building
- To raise awareness of the moral and spiritual prerequisite for effective social action
- To build just, caring communities for all.
The Story of the Logo
The CoP logo and the poem The Wheel of energy, that belongs to the logo, were both created in 1994 at the "Creators of Peace - from Vision to Action" conference in Caux, Switzerland, by Dutch artist Hester Mila-Groeneweg:
FROM VISION TO ACTION - Creators of Peace logo. People standing hand in hand firmly and steadfast around a circle of light, silence and inspiration. Out of the circle flames spark into their hearts and beams of light go through their hands, sending them out into the world with a vision.
The Wheel of Energy
The Eternal Light longs to be incorporated in us,
longs to become a glowing candle into hearts
which are humble,
hearts which are open,
listening and obeying.
Hearts which are lovingly given to that Light.
When such hearts unite
the wheel of energy starts rotating
throwing them out into unknown distances
as a group and as an individual to unknown shores.
They may create order and peace then.
Grant us that we may become Peace-builders,
Until now Creators of Peace has attracted funds largely from individual donations. As its programme expands, CoP is seeking to broaden its funding to include foundations, governments, international organizations and corporations. Activities are conducted primarily by volunteers. Funding is principally required for:
- Bringing women together from different parts of the world, or even just within one community, for these transformative encounters.
- Follow-up visits and programmes.
- Development of materials, e.g. publication of the Peace Circles literature.