The International Council is seeking to appoint a secretary to the International Association and the International Council. This is a voluntary, part-time position that requires the incumbent not to be a member of the International Council and, hence, has the status of ‘company secretary.’
The Secretary provides key support to the International Council (IC) and the International Association by:
- Keeping the membership register up-to-date and advising on governance matters.
- Formal correspondence to members and with constitutional process/procedures.
- Overseeing the calendar of annual meetings and coordinating participation.
- Working closely with the President to prepare agendas, keep a record of IC decisions, and prepare minutes.
- Gathering annual reports, dues, and data of members to support the work of the IC.
- Participating in the planning of the Global Assembly; attending meetings, taking notes, and preparing the minutes.
- Monitoring specific IC initiatives to ensure deadlines are met, decisions are taken, put into practice on time, and properly reported on.
- Helping in the drafting of special announcements and statements.
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate their:
- Commitment: to the advancement of the mission, vision, and principles of IofC International.
- Understanding: of the complex and diverse needs of the IofC global movement.
- Professionalism: in handling sensitive topics and acting with discretion.
- Flexibility: in working with a remote-based, international, and intergenerational team
- Skill: in communicating, verbally and in writing, with diverse groups
Terms and Conditions
This is a voluntary position. Time commitment is approximately 2 days per week.
The successful candidate will work from their home/ office. The length of engagement will initially be for one year with possible renewal.
Applications are due by 16 May. Send a letter of motivation and CV to our Jobs Email Inbox.
Start Date: July 2022