Initiatives of Change International
Based in Caux, Switzerland, Initiatives of Change International is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations, and Participatory Status at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg. The association Initiatives of Change International is the legal and administrative body that federates the national bodies of Initiatives of Change and which seeks to make their experience and knowledge available to the United Nations and other international institutions.
The Association is governed under the civil code of Switzerland. Members of the Association subscribe to the fundamental principles of the Initiatives of Change movement as summarized in the Preamble to the Articles of Association.
The specific purposes of the Association are:
- To promote the principles and purposes of the Initiatives of Change movement, as described in the Preamble;
- To represent the universality and multi-faith character of the movement;
- To facilitate relationships with international institutions and organizations;
- To provide a common point of reference for all national organizations;
- To regulate the international use of the name “Initiatives of Change” and of the movement’s prior names, Moral Re-Armament and the acronym “MRA”.
Current Members of the Association are: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States.
The Association has operational responsibility for the Movement's United Nations Offices in Geneva and New York, for IofC's global websites and for facilitating collaboration between IofC National Societies in some forty countries.
[OrgUnitMembers:3 (international association, id=25)]