Are you looking for your life's calling? Want to activate your passion? Do you want to make an impact in your community? Participate in our international mentoring programme!
About the programme
The Emerging Agents of Change programme is designed to help encourage and support the next generation of agents for change. Through careful pairing, Emerging Agents are provided an Accompanier-Mentor whose aim is to ‘accompany’ them, by providing a listening ear and through the shared experience of inner listening, the opportunity to strengthen and clarify their life’s direction and everyday priorities.
The programme is designed to support the wide range of accompanying, mentoring and coaching that is part of IofC’s way of working, and will continue to be. Of course, in some locations with unreliable internet connection, this takes place in person. However, we recognize that 1:1 virtual conversations allow for people from across time zones and cultures to connect. Participants will decide together if in-person or online meetings work best for their relationship building.
Accompanier-Mentors are charged with knitting together the experiences of both mentor and mentee to create a meaningful relationship, grounded in shared values.
No matter what your age or stage of life, Emerging Agents of Change is an invitation to take the next step on your journey in life, shared with a person who has made themselves available to support you in the quest to achieve your goals.
Applications are now closed. Please subscribe to our mailing list to follow the programme!
Participating in Emerging Agents of Change
- Apply (mentee - if you are over 18)
- Be interviewed
- Be matched or self-match (mentee)
- Meet your mentor or mentee
- Agree on arrangements
- Learn to become global agents of change
Those who are interested in participating in the Emerging Agents of Change Accompanying-Mentoring programme, either as an Accompanier-Mentor or Mentee, must fill out the appropriate application form; and for mentors, address criteria provided:
- Accompanier-Mentor Application (PDF for review - Applications not accepted currently)
- Mentee Application (PDF for review - Applications not accepted currently)
Interviews will be arranged, and Mentee applicants will be notified by the Administrator in 2-3 weeks, if their application is accepted. Applications are now closed - please subscribe to our mailing list to keep in touch.
What you can expect
Participants can expect mentoring and accompanying relationships which embody best-known practices, rooted in reflection and a commitment to a values-driven life.
We encourage engagement in areas of passion that promote wider change, which facilitates the growth of spiritually led leaders and agents of change. Activities are up to the mentee/mentor, but should help:
- Identify strengths and capacity
- Address development needs
- Create potential to be pivotal to social, economic & political change
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is a two-way facilitated relationship which:
- Clarifies personal goals, calling, and/or purpose
- Supports and guides personal transformation
- Encourages people to self-manage their learning
- Develops one’s capacity to gain confidence
What is Accompanying?
Accompanying is a style of mentoring practiced widely in Initiatives of Change, and is unique in that it is a two-way relationship that:
- Focuses on the intellectual, physical, and spiritual growth of the mentee
- Comes with a shared understanding of leveraging inner listening for direction
- Values times of quiet reflection on choices, decisions, and meaning